Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Horrible Responsibility #8


This series exists to help me refine my reflections about daily life as I seek:
To worship God and relentlessly seek the expansion of his Kingdom on Earth.


God,

I can be Boxer from animal farm. I can be that horse that works and works and works and when confronted with a new problem simply regards it by saying, "I will work harder." I can be that work horse.

Even more than that, I want to be that work horse. Work me barren, if it is your will. But work me true.

I remember Chesterton's biography of St. Francis. He said by 50, Francis' body just fell apart. He used every bit of it. I can be like that, Father...

But I so often get lost in the fog, in the shuffle. I can't get my bearings straight. It takes so much energy to find my compass. I lose my way. I forget what needs to be done.

I don't know how to be Boxer.

2 Timothy 2:5-6: An athlete is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. It is the hard-working farmer who ought to have the first share of the crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment