Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Horrible Responsibility #2



This series exists to help me refine my reflections about daily life as I seek:
To worship God and relentlessly seek the expansion of his Kingdom on Earth.



God,

There are so many animals. They are, to me, unfathomable. I can observe them. I can write down facts about them. I can compare the elephant to the king cobra and the blue whale. But that doesn't make them anymore knowable to me.
I can't know them. I can't understand them. I find myself asking, again and again, what do they know of you? Do they listen to your words? Do they hold secret knowledge in their primitive souls as to who you are? 

I remain fully other from the entirety of the animal kingdom. All reason eventually runs dry. I can but only sit back and be in awe of them; awe of their diversity, of their engenius make-up, of their intrinsic beauty. 

I need to see your face in every mouse I see, in every nutra rat I happen upon. I need to. If I don't do that, than the animals, due to their unrelatableness, become computer programs, diddling about a software that has no real function. 

I need to see you in the pheasant and the cockroach and the buzzard and the amoeba. I need to not miss that opportunity to see your creativity on display. I need to. I need to. 

As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was like burning coals of fire, like the appearance of torches moving to and fro among the living creatures. And the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. And the living creatures darted to and fro, like the appearance of a flash of lightning. -Ezekiel 1:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment