Saturday, April 20, 2013

Horrible Responsibility #7


This series exists to help me refine my reflections about daily life as I seek:
To worship God and relentlessly seek the expansion of his Kingdom on Earth.



God,

I want...

to write about you.
to write about truth.
to discover truth as I write.
to hold onto truth as I write.
to write.
to write truly.
to write wisely.
to write without lying.
to write clearly.
to write something novel.
to write something wholly different.
to write something fun.
to write.
to feel what I'm writing down in words.
to be a good writer.
to be heard by you as I write.
to be awed by where my thoughts as I write lead me.
to have a beginning, middle and end as I write.
to know the story I should write.
to surprise myself as I write.
to know what words you prefer.
to write.
to write about mystery.
to write about a mystery.
to write about a mystery and make it known.
to write about a mystery, make it known, and make it complete.
to write about a mystery of yours, make it known, make it complete, and tell it truly.
to see as I write.
to see truth as I write.

You like words written down, I know that. Why else would you keep a book of life?

Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have labored side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.   -Philippians 4:3

The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. -Revelation 3:5-6

And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. -Revelation 20:12

No comments:

Post a Comment