Sunday, August 14, 2011

Desperate Search: Doors

*Talking to myself one day;
I said,  
Are there any surprises left to be discovered in this life?
You responded, Of course.
I answered, Will you show me the way?
Who is with you?
I said, This is my imagination.
You said, What's wrong with him?
He's sick.
How did he get that way?
He's malnourished.
Then feed him.
Don't blame me. This is your fault.
How?
I scoffed, Show me something new and he will be well.
The three of us stood silently.



I came to you one day urgently begging;
Is there anything you can do for us?
  You asked, Who is he?
I replied, He is my wounded soul.
What wounded him?
The day. Your day.
In silence you rebuked myself.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. 
Can you help him?
Did the Lord not shed blood for him?
Yes, but...
I dare not gain from his reward.
You answered, 
This sickness will lead unto death.



Again I came to you and said, 
Look at me!
You answered, I see.
Isn't it great?
Who is with you?
You.
And you stood motionless.
Smiling, I assert, Don't you see?
Tell me what it is you see.
I see you. 
You fix us. 
You bring sight to my heart 
to see what was once unimaginable. 
You sow up my wounded spirit. 
You renew my life 
with gifts of serendipity. 
In you I find myself. 
In you every door is opened.
And who do you say that I am?
Grace. You are grace.


Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!" All at once they looked around and saw no one with them anymore, except Jesus alone. mark 9.7-8

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. hebrews 4.16


*Photo 1 from the music video for Tom Halperin's The Last Song
 Photo 2 from the music video for Gnarls Barkley's Going On 
 Photo 3 taken from the film The Adjustment Bureau, directed by George Nolfi
 Photo 4 taken from the film The Chronicles of Narnia; The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

2 comments: