Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Social Media... A4


During her ‘silent period’ Marilynn Cash spent six months in a Danish mental health institution for the criminally insane. Her psychologist, Dr. Bosch gave her a computer on March 1st. The computer stayed in Miss Cash’s possession for thirteen minutes. In that span of time she created an account on a social media website, and quickly wrote 28 messages.

The text has been translated from Danish into English and have been numbered for the reader’s convenience.

---------


1: To my dear daughter, Marta: stay warm.


2: Be at peace, if you can. Try not to be curious.


3: I don’t know what will happen to me now. I didn’t do it.


4: I have gone undone for so long.


5: I don’t have faith that I can be put back together again.


6: If I could see you now, if I could talk to you, I would say.


7: Never let go. The real kind. Things can still change.


8: I have no hope.


9: I have so much. Hope.

10: (unintelligible sequence of letters)

 
11: I would never lie to you.


12: (unintelligible)


13: Hope for no more progress, here or there, but especially there. 


14: We’ve come so far, but you have so much farther to go. 


15: Don’t forget about the past, but don’t look too closely at it either.


16: The answers to the secrets are too sunny.


17: Sun and light and brightness. I am scared.


18: I wished for all things. You must wish for less.


19: Help alleviate.


20: Go in, but not so far as I did.


21: And don’t help something you can’t understand. Which is everything.
 
22: The light is so bright. I am afraid. 


23: If I speak, that’s where the fear comes from.


24: Out of words comes forth creation.


25: Can you understand that?


26: (unintelligible)


27: (unintelligible)


28: (unintelligible) …Summer is coming… (unintelligible)


No comments:

Post a Comment