Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In Haste: Fallen Angels

Wong Kar Wai films make me feel:

Like I've overslept all day, but I'm still sleepy.

Like everything is of consequence, but nothing really matters.

Like I will get shot by someone, but it won't be a big deal.

Like I'm nostalgic for the present. 

Like it's always night, and if it isn't, it will be soon.

Like we all want to be in the center of a noir film, but we can't find the plot to go along with our narration.

Like expiration dates on fruit cans is very important.

Like all women are over-dramatic and all men are cancerous to society in general.

Like the world is full of color, but it's all the same.

Like emotion is the only tangible thing inside of me.

Like artificial light is a truer thing than sunlight.

Like I want to love and hate his movies at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment