Thursday, November 18, 2010

Duality Part Two

Once was a time,
I can't remember when...

There was a white car.
It was to me the notion of a present future.
And it would be wherever I found it.
For a time, and times a half.
Then it was to be the face of a dreamscape.
All I could do then was escape that vehicle's presence,
but I never wanted to. I clung to such dreams
not to hope, but to remember so as to believe.
Memory is belief.

White cars come and go.


They are temptations, distractions, and loves.
I've yet to figure out how to balance such things.
Even so, that alone is but a merely tender and small question,
for I know its answer.
Love the Lord thy God with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind.
So when I see that white car now,
I can smile and nod at self-recognition 
for the stories I've been blessed to bear,
And I can walk beyond the shadow it casts,
by clinging to my answer;
to my love for the Purposeful Creator.


But He is too big for me, 
and our relationship
mystifies.
So you see then,
the answer is the greater question:
How Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment