Saturday, January 15, 2011

Psalms of P.W. Herman and Mr. Ben Kalmen


  Psalm of P.W. Herman
        Inspired by Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3-4

I love you, Oh Lord, my strength.
You are my rock, and my fortress,
and my deliverer.
My God, my rock,
in whom I take refuge;
My Shield and the
Horn of My Salvation,
My Stronghold.
I call upon You,
Who is worthy to be praised,
And I am saved from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-2

Teach me your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unit my heart to fear Your name. Psalm 86:11

Lord, now I come to You,
in reverence and awe.
Make me as Your child.
Fill my Spirit with humility.
Preserve my heart as one of a son.
Wash me in Your purity.
Let not the world tarnish and shame
my thoughts and doings.

Keep me as a child, O Lord,
so that I may dwell in Your house
through all the days of eternity.

Keep me as a child, O God,
so that I may understand
my place in Your kingdom.

Keep me as a child, O Master,
so that I will always depend on You,
and count my my good things as gifts.

Keep me as a child, O Savior,
so that I will know right humility,
and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

I will give thanks to You
O Lord my God,
with all of my heart,
and will glorify Your name
forever. Psalm 86:12

  Psalm of Mr. Ben Kalmen
                     Inspired by Solitary Man

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 1 Corinthians 13:11

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
And give heed to the voice
of my supplications!
In the day of my trouble
I shall call upon You.
For you will answer me.
There is no one like You
among the gods, O Lord.
Nor are there any works like Yours.
All nations whom You have made
shall come and worship
before You, O Lord,
And they shall glorify Your name.
For You are great and do
wondrous deeds;
You alone are God. Psalm 86:6-10

God of My Life,
Let me not be like the disciples, who,
wanting for themselves,
privilege, fame, and honor,
asked to be first in the kingdom,
the Kingdom where You reveal
Your glory, power, and wisdom,
forever.

But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble; it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6

God of My Soul,
Save me from the depths!
I have sinned in Your sight.
I have blemished my path
with ceaseless unrighteousness.
Who can save me from torment,
except You? No one!
There is no god, but You,
who can save me now!
Save me from myself,
and spare me the deep.
Give me what I do not deserve.

You, O Lord, are a God
merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger and abundant in
lovingkindness and truth.
Turn to me, and be gracious to me;
Oh grant Your strength
to Your servant,
and save the  son of Your handmaid.
Show me a sign for good,
That those you hate me may
see it and be ashamed,
Because You, O Lord, have
helped me and comforted me. Psalm 86:15-17

God of My Heart,
I am now old,
and I have wasted my years.
I have walked in darkness,
and known many others
besides Your name.
Lord, I beg of You,
though I do not deserve it;
Make me a child once more.
Cause me to know Your path,
and depend on Your touch.
Make me a child again,
in all the ways that you mean,
so that I too,
may enter in,
Your Kingdom,
forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment